Navy Striped Turtleneck: Zara | White Wide-Leg trousers: Bershka | Heels: Charles & Keith | Watch: Rolex | Necklace: Forever 21 | Bangle: Hermes | Bag: Balenciaga (same as here)
As most of you may know, I created this “Mean Girl’s Guide” on a whim, for a plethora of reasons I posted during the very beginning. I don’t think I discussed it in detail but I’m pretty sure you all know that I created this particular slant for Konichiwear just because I can… mostly to be tacky (because Mean Girls was soooo 2004), perhaps to have a semblance of cohesiveness for my personal style content (because I’ve long been sick of all the “this-is-what-I-wore-today-insert-giggle” crap I see day in and out on the internet), and ultimately to empower other Misunderstood Meanies out there (and in a world where superficiality is the norm, it should be okay to be real, regardless whether people think you’re mean or evil).
To add to the whole “empowering” shtick, I think a cool Mean Girl like you, me, and everyone else who would want to consider themselves as such, ought to have a soundtrack they can listen to while they’re driving, or baking, or taking a shower, or making life-altering decisions… anything! So yes, I am sharing with you a sound-track I concocted that does the aforementioned magic–worry not, I assure you, my taste in music is as impeccable as my taste in fashion and literature (if I do say so, myself). I’ve been making soundtracks for my fandom during my college fangirling days and they were usually a hit (no kidding, I swear) so sit back, relax, and watch the music videos… after I show you my outfit post, of course.
This is what I wore to work upon coming back from the Holidays–call it my first corporate outfit for 2015. I think it’s a little bit spring-oriented but that’s just me, here are some more photos (followed by the music videos and no, I won’t be posting videos of myself singing):
PRESENTING: THE MEAN GIRLS SOUNDTRACK
Don’t take any of them too seriously, they’re good old fun.
1. Bitch by Plastiscines – “I’m a bitch in disguise, I’m a bitch that never minds, I’m a bitch–did you realize?“
2. Yoo-hoo by Imperial Teen – “I’ll sign something, when I’m ready, And I’ll kill someone, Blood Confetti” 3. Beautiful Ones by Suede – “You don’t think about it, You don’t do without it, because you’re beautiful.” 4. Fuck You by Lily Allen – “Do you get a little kitck out of being small-minded?” 5. 32 Flavors by Alana Davis (originally by Ani DiFranco) – “God help you if you are an ugly girl, ‘course too pretty is also your doom, cause everyone harbors a secret hatred for the prettiest girl in the room.”
6. She’s so Mean by Matchbox 20 – “I know, know, know a girl, she gets what she wants all the time, cause she’s fine. But for an angel, she’s a hot, hot mess, make you so blind, but you don’t mind.”
7. Glamorous by Fergie – “I still go to Taco Bell, drive through, raw as hell, I don’t care, I’m still real” 8. Rumor Has It by Adele – “But rumour has it I’m the one you’re leaving her for.” 9. Free by Natalia Kills – “Call me a perfectionist, addicted to immaculate, the hair right, shoes tight, got to look and dress the part.” 10. Bad Girls by M.I. A– “Live fast, die young, bad girls do it well.” 11. Break the Rules by Charlie XCX – “And never stop that’s how we ride, comin’ up until we die.”
12. Dog Days are Over by Florence + The Machines – “Happiness hit her like a train on a track, coming towards her, running still no turning back.”
13. Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde – “I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm, and the scars that mark my body, they’re silver and gold.” 14. Blank Space by Taylor Swift – “I’ve got a long list of ex-lovers, they’ll tell you I’m insane.” 15. Sweet Dreams are Made of This by Eurythmics – “Some of them want to use you, some of them want to be used by you.” 16. Bad Reputation by Joan Jett – “A girl can do what she wants to do and that’s what I’m gonna do.”