Printed Blazer: Miu Miu | Black Cropped Tank, Bracelets: H&M | Black Skirt: Bershka | Heels: Valentino | Necklace: Ever New | Watch: Rolex | Bag: Loewe
When people tell me I have good skin, I’m always left speechless. At the peak of my puberty, I’d get blemishes and pimples regularly; not to mention, my skin is ultra-sensitive so I’m susceptible to a variety of allergens like: laundry detergents, dust, mites, perfume, and high contents of various chemicals.
Contact dermatitis aside, now you know why it’s hard for me to muster a modest “thank you”… the idea itself—having “good skin”, that is—is pretty much an alien concept. But for the sake of propriety, I think it’s about time for me to thank everyone—friends, strangers, makeup artists, and even readers complimenting my skin and asking me tips on skincare, for boosting my ego to the size of Antarctica. I personally believe having good skin is one of the highest compliments you can offer to someone when it comes to physical appearances. I mean, being pretty is swell but it is something no one has control over. On the other hand, having good skin entails universal requirements and at the same time, a stringent and disciplined routine to achieve.
So when people ask me to share my so-called “secret”, I humor them. My skincare regimen is pretty simple and composed of 3 rules:
- At the end of each day, I never forget to cleanse. With a set of anti-bacterial facial wipes, I remove oily residue and leftover makeup for my pores to breathe. I also supplement it with a facial foam cleanser.
- I wipe my skin with a toner to tighten my pores.
- If I have a blemish, I medicate when need be and then I moisturize–which is, in a sense, medication for my combination skin.
Along with these three rules, I think it’s important for everyone to find out their facial skin type as well. This is so they can obtain the right reputable products to match their skin’s needs.
Speaking of reputable brands, I’ve only been recently acquainted to the Garnier Pure Active Range. Garnier is a leading European natural skincare brand and the pure active line is specifically made to actively fight skin problems such as pimples, whiteheads, oiliness, enlarged pores, impurities, and unevenness. It is dermatologically tested on Asian acne-prone skin and contains salicylic acid, a powerful anti-bacterial ingredient that controls oils and clears blocked pores. It is also formulated with HerbaRepair, a natural active ingredient from blueberry extracts known for its regenerating and repairing properties. Garnier has a product for each of the steps I indicated. The first being…
- 1. Garnier Pure Active Multi-Action Scrub
- 2. Garnier Pure Active Toner
- 3. Garnier Pure Active Pimple Roll On
With all the “over the counter” skin care products, I believe that Garnier is one of the most effective. In line with this, it is also one of Garnier’s missions for people to gain confidence in whatever it is that they do and to throttle on life’s epic moments without having to worry about whatever skin problems!
Here’s my epic moment last Saturday at the Blogger’s United Event, a bi-annual event that showcases Philippines’ top bloggers selling their coveted closet must-haves to the public! To be quite honest, I was pretty worried about my skin days before because of a sudden allergy attack but along with medication, not to mention, religious application of my 3-step skincare rule, I was able to face everyone confidently!
This was the titular outfit for last Saturday’s Blogger’s United Bazaar! I didn’t want to over-think it anymore so I opted for a lean black silhouette, which I think is so perfect for fall. Although I was donning a cropped top, both separates were lycra-infused, allowing me to move at ease during moments where I had to entertain a customer at the booth! I topped it off with my Miu Miu blazer, which is actually part of a pant-suit set. Unfortunately, the trousers are a bit too snug and matchy-matchy so I decided to do away with it. To sum everything up, I paired it with my recent Valentino Rockstud acquisition and Loewe Amazona bag. People who follow me on twitter know I’m so in love with both pieces and I finally have them in my closet! They’re a bit too delicate though so I’m trying to save them for rare occasions. Here are a few more close ups!
But that’s not all! Now that I’ve shared my Epic Moment with you, Garnier wants you to share yours too! They want to ensure as well that when you use the Garnier Pure Active range, you continue to enjoy “Epic moments!” Show them around your world and what happens in it for a chance to enjoy 3 EPIC prizes!
Here’s how you can join:
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old to qualify.
- To join, contestants must submit an epic photo or an epic 15-sec video. In the caption of their photo or video, they must state why Garnier Pure Active helps them put their best face forward in their epic adventures.
- Users must upload their entries via:
- Winners will be announced on the Garnier Philippines official fan page on December 16, 2013. For more information, visit the Garnier Facebook page at www.facebook.com/takecaregarnier or contact the Consumer Advisory Hotline at (02) 672-7272 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Promo Period is from October 25, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Per DTI – NCR Permit # 0200, Series of 2013.