Faux Diamond Dangling Earrings, Corset with Colorful Gems: Forever 21 | Multi-color Sequined Jacket: Zara | Floral Skirt: Topshop | Watch: Cartier | Clutch: YSL | Pumps with Gems: So Fab | Rings: Family Heirloom, Charriol
2012 was definitely nothing short of amazing. Granted, it was filled with numerous experiences–both good and bad, extensive enough to fill every page of a Christian bible at that! But you know what? I really wouldn’t have it any other way. The wise ones say, “You always reap what you sow” and that you do, indeed; the fact that I’ve been extremely blessed this 2012 in various aspects of my life is testament enough that I’ve been doing much good. I guess you can say that I’m still a part of Santa’s “good and nice” list despite the arduous efforts of several naysayers to ruin my last quarter.
So there really are a lot of things to be thankful for on my end. I’ve been talking about my blessings nonstop in my previous entries with the aim to spread positive vibes but it never really occurred to me to address each one in depth until now. I think it’s not only appropriate to elaborate my blessings this time but pretty much mandatory as well, if only to legitimize my appreciation towards God and fate for conspiring to make my 2012 memorable and all sorts of wonderful.
- Being able to purchase my own car at 23 with my own money. It was like a reality check, quite frankly; proof that I was able to make big decisions for myself sans my parents’ support. I am proud to have made every decision pertaining to it–from choosing the car model to the car’s color, even down to funneling money from my savings account to my checking account just so I could write a check with an amount nearing 7 digits.
- Being able to go to Singapore with two of my closest officemates on a whim, without thorough planning. We literally just got tickets, booked a flight, and went there with no agenda! It was refreshing and empowering! I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’ve been out and about in other countries with friends but hardly ever without an itinerary but it was through this experience where I realized that spontaneity can yield favorable results.
- Mustering enough courage to mend ties with my parents by sitting each one of them down and expressing my feelings through a heart-to-heart talk in Hong Kong. A lot of my good friends know that I’m a very emotionally awkward person and I value my privacy above all; so being able to articulate what I want and insisting on it was a milestone. I realized that unless you ask, the only answer you’ll get is a “no”, so you really have to try.
- The continuous growth of interest from both readers and brands in relation to Konichiwear–as evidenced by my my metrics from Google Analytics. From the growing average page views per day, to the division of new visits and return readers, it’s definitely a gradual ascension! More than that, I also get a daily dose of emails that provide comments, support, inquiries, and suggestions for my blog. Truth be told, I started Konichiwear with the sole purpose to express myself through fashion and writing; who would have thought that I could actually surpass such act and move on to “communicating?”
- Saying “yes” to being the girlfriend of an amazing man and consequently, saying “yes” to his promise of forever. My boyfriend is my best friend and partner–we get along so well (as in we read the same books, geek out on the same movies, love the same food, listen to the same music), we support each other’s dreams and endeavors, we encourage each other to be better versions of ourselves, we relinquish control from time to time to be silly, we respect each other’s values, principles, and responsibilities, we never fail to communicate, and we always maintain that passionate and romantic aspect in our relationship. I’m not a romantic person by nature (I’m a notorious grinch and kill joy, in real life–my officemates call me “nega starlet”) but having Enzo in my life has made me certain that “love” does exist and that it can come sans big displays and fireworks–low key but nonetheless perfect–at the right time.
- Becoming the other half of Glitterati, and being able to exercise my love for fashion by creating looks and pieces for the modern woman. At the same time, it allows me to freely practice my marketing skills on the brand as well. It’s still currently under construction but I can’t wait for its final launch.
I’ve been eyeing this sequined jacket for quite some time. I was actually going to buy it already until I encountered another chiffon jacket with a slightly more intricate beadwork (twice the price though) from the same brand. I was in a rut–I clearly wanted both but knew that they were so memorable that I couldn’t possibly wear them frequently. Thankfully, the sweetest soul sister ever, JL, got the sequined jacket for me this Christmas–and thus, making my life easier.
I saw this corset in Forever 21 last November and right then and there, I knew I just had to have it. I didn’t have plans of using it anywhere, it was just too pretty and too well-made to pass up. I figured, it would serve its purpose during the Holidays and indeed, it has!
So I really am the unrivaled princess of Peplums! My boyfriend got this floral piece for me at Topshop over a month ago. Although I wore it already at work, I could only show it off at the right occasion paired with the perfect piece of apparel. Thankfully, the regal and bold colors fit perfectly with my bejeweled corset.
Because everything was already too sparkly, I decided to downplay my accessories by choosing low-key silvers and greys. I opted for my favorite Belle Du Jour YSL clutch given to me by my boyfriend for Christmas, along with his promise ring, my newly-acquired Charriol ring from my boyfriend’s mom (a random present), and my chain-link Cartier watch-bracelet.
Finally, the life of the party, my bejeweled pumps from So Fab. This pair is to die for and so perfect for the holidays! It is glamorous and sky-high, I can’t help but sing it praises. And as is with all So Fab products, it is easy on the pocket too! I would say “hoard all the colors”, if you ask me–it comes in black (which I have) and silver too.
Happy Holidays everyone and onwards to 2013!