In the spirit of holey and distressed sweaters–hello there Decarnin, Rodarte, Margiela, and Commes des Garcon–I’ve finally managed to get my very own cream, mutton-sleeve, destroyed sweater courtesy of www.wholesale-dress.net. The thing I love about this trend is that it’s so freaking casual and I can bsaically pair it off with just about anything, and trust me, I’ve paired this sweater with a ball-gown already. I love how the grunge-iness of it tones down my tendency to over-dress in just about every occasion.
Cream Holey Sweater: Wholesale Dress | Necklace: Fourskin | White dress underneath: Forever 21 | White Wedges: Gold Dot | Connector Ring: Forever 21|
Photo Credits: The amazing Tricia Gosingtian
I’ve had my friends and my mother voice out their distaste for the sweater. Most of them ask me why I prefer to dress in rags. Granted, that’s a valid point but if you ask me, I think they’re just being elitist. It wasn’t until one of my friends went: “I don’t know why you spend so much money imitating hobos on the streets!” that I realized she actually thought I spent a whole lot on most of my holey moth-eaten clothes.
For the benefit of those who are unaware, I usually DIY my grunge-y clothes–I have them washed, beaten by my launderer, and I’ve most definitely pulled a few threads to make them threadbare. Save for this particular pullover though–this pullover was sent to me by Wholesale Dress so I could come up with a review.
No wait, actually, they sent me a link to their website so I could choose an item and go through the experience of purchasing (sans paying).
So here’s the verdict:
- Purchasing Process: If you’ve read my review on Lovely Shoes, you would know that I vowed to never purchase from Chinese shopping websites ever again. However, surprise-surprise turn of events, Wholesale Dress approached me, and so I decided to give it a go. The purchasing process was pretty similar to that of Lovely Shoes wherein I was asked to set up an account and choose items to my liking however, unlike Lovely Shoes, the items I got were all in stock.
- Price: Most of Wholesale Dress’ items are pretty cheap. I suggest you click on my link to check out their products and the corresponding prices. In fact, my sweater is actually very cheap, and probably 1/50th the price of a Decarnin sweater.
- Communication: When I inquired about several items prior to choosing, they had people readily available to attend to me in an IM-system they set up in their website, the best thing about it all was that they were able to communicate efficiently in English. Everything was smooth-sailing though admittedly, there were times when we exchanged emails and some of them would bounce but I guess that’s to be expected when you reply via their business email. Rest assured however, they always manage to reply and accommodate each and every inquiry you make.
- Delivery: I actually had the option of choosing FedEX instead of just being limited to the TNT courier. These people take the word “expedite” to a whole new level. It took only three days for my items to arrive.
- Product: I love my sweater so much! It insulates me just as much as an expensive knit sweater from Topshop or any highstreet store can plus it’s of a wonderful material that’s thick and very comfortable. To be honest, I expected it to be scratchy and itchy like wool but it has a silky texture that’s quite soft. The best thing is that, with most Chinese products, I’m wary of it looking different upon arrival but with the sweater I chose, it came out just the way it looked in the photos displayed on the site hence I’m thoroughly impressed.
- Notes: I highly recommend you visit their online store if you want cheap and trendy items, like extremely cheap and trendy items. Their service is top-notch and the price is just right. I promised them, freebies or not, I will definitely get something from them again.